GLS 25 – 40 – 63 A
- Fix the support hangers to the structure of the building (fixings are not supplied). Fix at least 2 hangers for each 3 meter length of busbar. Hangers must be installed at least 150 mm inwards from the joint.
You may need additional hangers if you are suspending luminaires from the lighting busbar however this will depend on the weight of the luminaire. In general the heavier the luminaire the closer the busbar suspension bracket needs to be to the luminaire, and you may need additional hangers.. For more information please refer to the spacing tables shown below in item 14 and 15, or contact us for advice.
- Insert the first element of the line on the hangers.
3. Slip the bar inside the hanger
- Install the line in the following way:
4.1 If you are suspending the busbar on Threaded rod, wire systems etc you must Install alternative hangers on opposite sides as shown below. This is to ensure the busbar cannot be displaced from the bracket if the busbar is damaged or hit for example.
4.2 A 3.5mm threaded hole is provided if you wish to fit a further security screw to contain the busbar in the bracket.
- Place the busbar in the bracket and simply bring the two ends together until they are adjacent as shown below.
- Unscrew the locking screw approx. 2mm..
- Push the busbar together until the buttonhole of the second element meets the screw of the first one. A sharp “snap” action is required in order for them to clip together correctly. This is normal as the tightness of the joint is important to maintain a good connection.
- Tighten the locking screw.
- Repeat the same process for each length of busbar.
- Connect the end cap to the end of the busbar run. We always recommend the use of left hand end feed units which results in the blank end of the busbar system terminating in a fully shrouded finger safe connection, so the cap is then fitted simply to offer an improved appearance.. The cap will retain itself but if necessary you can use a small self-drilling screw to offer further mechanical security (not provided).
- Connect the end feed box to the busbar in exactly the same way as the busbar joint, and this is now ready to accept your incoming supply cable.
- Fasten the tap off plug in the required position after connecting it to your load as required. In order to insert the tap off correctly , it must be placed in the right position, and then the retaining screw is tightened which will pull the plug firmly against the busbar and therefore stop it working loose over time or being accidentally unplugged..
- The installation is now finished and ready for testing.
- Hanging of lines with distance between two hangers of 2500 mm
- Hanging of lines with distance between two hangers of 3000 mm
- Maintenance and spare parts:
Providing the system is correctly assembled and in normal conditions of use, it should not need spare parts for at least 3 years of operation. It is suggested that you check the tightening of the joint screws every 18 months. In the event of spare parts being required, please contact us to ensure the correct components are used.
- HANDLING In the handling of individual parts of an electrical busbar, it is important to pay attention to make sure that the holding and attaching of elements is according to instructions included at the end of this document. Use the protection and safety equipment during the handling of the Busbar System: safety helmet, gloves, safety boots, safety belt, etc. All materials must be distributed to the place of the installation directly, except if there are different instructions. We recommend to use textile slings for the suspension or raising jobs of the writing units. Pay attention to use the slings with carrying capacity appropriate for the weight to lift.
STORAGE Graziadio busbar products should be stored in a clean and dry place, in a covered room and on a plain surface. If storage will be for a long period of time it is important to be careful with the rust in the ending plates of the parts in copper as well as aluminium. This is not an electrical problem, since both of them (copper and aluminium oxide) are good conductors. In order to avoid this process, ends of parts must be protected with vaseline, or ask for this treatment to Graziadio before expedition. The materials storage area should fulfil the following requirements:
- It must be stable, safe and not be on a slope.
- It must give guaranteed protections against adverse atmospheric conditions such as damp temperature and water penetration.
- It must give guaranteed protection against dust, water, welding sparks and other agents, which may damage the materials supplied.
- For security reasons, it must not be sited in thoroughfares or assembly areas for other working equipment.